Facemoji keyboard is a virtual keyboard for Android phones. The main distinctive feature of this keyboard is a huge number of emodsies, smileys and GIFs, which are actively used by young people in messengers and social networks. However, this keyboard is also familiar to most Xiaomi users.
When you initially set up your Xiaomi phone, the Facemoji keyboard is automatically installed and becomes the default keyboard. Some phone owners don’t understand what’s going on and how to return a normal keyboard that isn’t overloaded with emoji and smileys?
The Facemoji app can be removed just like any other – through the system menu
How to remove the Facemoji Keyboard on MIUI 11?
First of all, you have to select another virtual keyboard as the standard input method (for example, Gboard).
- Go to “Settings” -> “Additional Settings” -> “Languages and input”;
- Find the item “Current keyboard”, and select a new input method instead of the Facemoji keyboard;
- Go back to “Settings” -> “Apps” -> “Manage apps”;
- In the search box, find the Facemoji keyboard;
- At the bottom of the screen you will see a trash can icon, tap on it and the application will be removed from your Xiaomi.
Note: if the delete button is inactive, first try to switch the region in the phone settings. It would help. How to do this was detailed in the following article.